It’s here! Fundraising for our 3rd Annual Bible Readathon starts tomorrow!
Don’t forget to stop by the foyer table at church tomorrow to grab your 2020 Bible Readathon pledge form and flyers. As a reminder, all materials are downloadable from our member page.
The excitement for Camp Bibleway 2020 is building, and we’re looking forward to another exiting Bible Readathon on July 11th! Mark your calendar, and please see Bro. John G. if you have any questions.
Youth fundraising for our third-annual Bible Read-a-thon kicks off in just over two weeks! We need your support. Below is a list of ways you can help.
- CHECK OUT our Bible Readathon page for more information on our fundraiser and open house.
- SUBSCRIBE to our blog for campaign updates.
- DONATE ONLINE through our gofundme campaign by clicking HERE.
- DONATE OFFLINE by check or money order. Simply make your check out to “McGregor Road Baptist Church”, and write “Camp Bibleway Fundraiser” in the memo field. If you would like it to go toward a specific individual’s camp fund, please note that on your check as well.
- SHARE our fundraising campaign via email, social media, or word of mouth.
On behalf of our youth, Thank You for your support!
With the latest “Stay at Home” orders, and the extra time we have on our hands, let us take some of that time to ensure we are reading or bibles, praying, doing our devotions, and studying to show ourselves approved unto God.
The Baptist Bread Devotional drew attention to Hebrews 13:15-16 today, “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. 16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.” Even with our limited social exposure, this verse is very important for us to heed. It is a blessing that God has given us various ways to show Him our devotion through sacrifice. When we choose to praise God, instead of complain or grumble, God is well pleased! Let us communicate to others today who good God has been to us, and who God desires to be to all! This reminds me of Revelation 4:11, “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”
FYI: Prayer call tonight at 6pm on Zoom. If you need the link, please let me know.
Have a blessed day in the Lord!!
Sunday School: Cancelled until further notice
Sunday Morning Preaching: 10:40am
- We will be instituting procedures to help with distancing in our auditorium, and we will seek to limit our numbers in the auditorium to 50, as per the Marion County Health Department Recommendations.
- Adult Service: 6:00pm
- To be held in the auditorium.
- Adults, please use the front door of the church building.
- This is a great service for those adults who are concerned about the spread of the Coronavirus by the youth.
- Youth Night Service: 6:00pm
- To be held in the gymnasium.
- Youth to enter directly at the gym.
Wednesday Evening: 7:00pm
Read more… “Modification of Services and times until further notice.”
The Youth Rally leadership has decided to postpone tomorrow night’s Youth Rally.
The tentative rally schedule will now be:
– Last quizzing rally will be on April the 17th, at McGregor Road Baptist Church.
– The Award rally will be on May 15th, at True Light Baptist Church.
With all the closures, cancellations, concerns and fears, I thought it necessary to update you on what this means for the services and activities of McGregor Road Baptist Church. Governor Holcomb put out a restriction today on group meetings and events that exceed 250 people in one room or hall. Our numbers are typically less that 125 for most of our services and activities, so we are clear to meet as a church. If you or your children have a fever, or are experiencing flu like symptoms, please do not come to church or church activities. After a fever or flu like symptom, one should stay clear until completely free of symptoms. According to the CDC, the most vulnerable segment of our population are those with heart disease, diabetes or lung disease. We have made several announcements to our congregation about the need to wash hands thoroughly and often, and to limit handshaking and touching amongst members. Sunday morning we chose to forgo the handshaking time, and we will continue to leave this out of our services. Currently we do not have any plans to cancel services or activities. While this is a serious situation, according to the CDC immediate risk of being exposed to this virus is still low for most Americans.
Read more… “Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Update:”
Attention Parents: MRBC teenagers have the opportunity to go to Indy South Skyzone from 10-12 AM on February 29th. A permission slip and waiver is required for your child to attend. Please view this entire post for more details. Read more… “Upcoming SKYZONE teen activity info”
Here’s an activity that will have everyone smiling! All teenagers are invited to participate in a photo scavenger hunt activity. We will be dividing up into teams, and leaving the church at 1:30 Saturday afternoon. If you do not have a ride, please let us know, and we’ll try to pick you up along the way. The activity will end promptly back at MRBC, at 5PM.
Since this activity is away from the church and vehicle space is limited, you will need to fill out a permission slip and RSVP to Bro. John by Wednesday evening.
Please contact Bro. John G. if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you there!
It is hard to believe that another year is coming to close! But before it does, we have many things going on that you will want to be a part of!
Tomorrow, Sunday, December 22nd
- Celebrating the Birth of Christ! 10:40am, at our morning preaching service, we will have a special service focused on the Birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ!
Christmas day, Wednesday, December 25th, at 7:00pm, we will have a Christmas evening service!
- Come prepared to share Christmas day testimonies of how you exalt the birth of Christ during this time of year! It is a blessing to have Christmas fall on Wednesday this year! Show Christ that He is the reason for the season, by coming to church on Christmas night.
During the Holidays, all service times will remain as normal, all scheduled service times will be stay the same, plus the addition of our New Year’s Eve Gathering.
Read more… “This is an Exciting Time of Year!”
Tomorrow, November 24th, is the last day to register for the upcoming Biblical Worldview elective through Faith Bible Institute at McGregor Road Baptist Church. Biblical Worldview I provides an essential and foundational study of the nature and necessity of a Biblical Worldview, including a solid apologetic for the trustworthiness of a Scriptural view of our existence, purpose, & morality. This study will equip students to develop, defend and base life decisions upon a consistent worldview based upon the absolute truth of the revelation of God in Scripture.
To enroll or for further information, please contact Bro. Bill Reddy or email us through our online contact form.