With all the closures, cancellations, concerns and fears, I thought it necessary to update you on what this means for the services and activities of McGregor Road Baptist Church. Governor Holcomb put out a restriction today on group meetings and events that exceed 250 people in one room or hall. Our numbers are typically less that 125 for most of our services and activities, so we are clear to meet as a church. If you or your children have a fever, or are experiencing flu like symptoms, please do not come to church or church activities. After a fever or flu like symptom, one should stay clear until completely free of symptoms. According to the CDC, the most vulnerable segment of our population are those with heart disease, diabetes or lung disease. We have made several announcements to our congregation about the need to wash hands thoroughly and often, and to limit handshaking and touching amongst members. Sunday morning we chose to forgo the handshaking time, and we will continue to leave this out of our services. Currently we do not have any plans to cancel services or activities. While this is a serious situation, according to the CDC immediate risk of being exposed to this virus is still low for most Americans.
Attention Parents: MRBC teenagers have the opportunity to go to Indy South Skyzone from 10-12 AM on February 29th. A permission slip and waiver is required for your child to attend. Please view this entire post for more details. Read more… “Upcoming SKYZONE teen activity info”
Here’s an activity that will have everyone smiling! All teenagers are invited to participate in a photo scavenger hunt activity. We will be dividing up into teams, and leaving the church at 1:30 Saturday afternoon. If you do not have a ride, please let us know, and we’ll try to pick you up along the way. The activity will end promptly back at MRBC, at 5PM.
Since this activity is away from the church and vehicle space is limited, you will need to fill out a permission slip and RSVP to Bro. John by Wednesday evening.
Please contact Bro. John G. if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you there!
It is hard to believe that another year is coming to close! But before it does, we have many things going on that you will want to be a part of!
Tomorrow, Sunday, December 22nd
- Celebrating the Birth of Christ! 10:40am, at our morning preaching service, we will have a special service focused on the Birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ!
Christmas day, Wednesday, December 25th, at 7:00pm, we will have a Christmas evening service!
- Come prepared to share Christmas day testimonies of how you exalt the birth of Christ during this time of year! It is a blessing to have Christmas fall on Wednesday this year! Show Christ that He is the reason for the season, by coming to church on Christmas night.
During the Holidays, all service times will remain as normal, all scheduled service times will be stay the same, plus the addition of our New Year’s Eve Gathering.
Tomorrow, November 24th, is the last day to register for the upcoming Biblical Worldview elective through Faith Bible Institute at McGregor Road Baptist Church. Biblical Worldview I provides an essential and foundational study of the nature and necessity of a Biblical Worldview, including a solid apologetic for the trustworthiness of a Scriptural view of our existence, purpose, & morality. This study will equip students to develop, defend and base life decisions upon a consistent worldview based upon the absolute truth of the revelation of God in Scripture.
To enroll or for further information, please contact Bro. Bill Reddy or email us through our online contact form.
THANKFUL SUNDAY is THIS SUNDAY at McGregor Road Baptist Church!
Our 10:40 AM Service will have a Thankful Theme, as we praise the Lord for His goodness, and His abundant provision!
Plan to participate in our Thankful Sunday Meal immediately following the Thankful Service!
- The Turkey and Ham will be provided! Just bring a couple dishes to complement a Thanksgiving Feast!
This is a great service to invite all your friends and family to!
See you this Sunday for our Thankful Sunday Service and Feast!!
Psalms 95:2-3 “Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. 3 For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.”
Urgent! We need your support at tonight’s Youth Rally at MRBC! We have home team advantage, so come out and support the quiz teams with your presence, and be blessed with preaching and teaching from God’s Word. It’s It all begins at 7pm sharp. If you need a ride, please contact Bro. John G. ASAP.
Next Saturday‘s NERF WAR activity is coming up quick. Invite your friends and family now so they can plan ahead to attend! The activity is from 2-6pm, and you can click here to download a flyer with all the information.
Click the title to view pictures from our last NERF activity.
We had a very enjoyable day yesterday at McGregor Road Baptist Church!
- Thank you for being a part of our Church!!
- If you missed a service yesterday, you can listen online at “https://www.actonschurch.com/church/mrbc-audio/recent-messages/”
This week at MRBC:
- Wednesday Evening Prayer and Preaching Service, 7pm.
- Faith Bible Institute, Thursday 6:30pm. (New Testament Test)
- Independent Baptist Youth Rally, at MRBC, Friday, 7pm.
- Missionary Shane Mallard will be with us on Sunday Morning. He and his family are headed to the field of Western Australia.
- Sunday School: He will present his ministry.
- Morning Preaching Service: He will be preaching in this service.
Missions Emphasis will conclude this Sunday:
- Luke 10:2 “Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.”
Have a blessed week, as you faithful to Christ!
Psalms 122:1, “I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.”
We are still in the midst of our Missions Emphasis Month plus!
- Sunday morning we have the Ted Alexander family with us. Bro. Alexander is transitioning from Evangelism to starting a church in Homestead Florida.
- For Sunday School, at 9:30am, Bro. Alexander will show a video detailing his plans in starting a church in Homestead.
- For the Morning Service, at 10:40am, Bro. Alexander will be preaching.
Be in prayer about your Faith Promise amount, that you will give toward missions over the next year!
- You can put the church part of our Faith Promise commitment sheet in the offering plate, or give it to bro. John.
Don’t Forget! To turn your clocks back on Saturday night!!