For those who signed up to attend the Bring the Lamb Back to School Youth Rally and Water Wars activity in Amelia, OH, this Saturday, please take note of the following info.
- You must have turned in your 5$ and permission slip before we leave Saturday morning. Permission slips can be downloaded here.
- Please be at the church by 8:30AM for departure, unless you have made other arrangements with Bro. John G.
Click here for activity permission slip
Click here for promotional flyer
Praise God! Another blessed day at McGregor Road Baptist Church yesterday!!
If you missed any of the messages, I strongly encourage you to listen via our audio page:
- Sunday School: We started a new section in our ABC’s of Christian Maturity book, “The Unseen World”. “https://www.actonschurch.com/church/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/The-Unseen-World-Origin-of-Angels.mp3”
- Sunday AM Preaching Service: Revelation 9, “https://www.actonschurch.com/church/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Exalted-or-Fallen-Stars.mp3”
- Sunday PM Preaching Service: (MUST LISTEN TO!) Think Series: “https://www.actonschurch.com/church/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Think-Series-A-Living-Sacrifice.mp3”
- Wednesday Evening Prayer and Preaching Service: 7:00pm (A few of us are meeting at 6pm to pray more, you are welcome to join us!)
- Faith Bible Institute’s 2019 Fall Semester Begins, 6:30pm. (If you are not a student, but what to check it out, you can come this Thursday to see if it is for you!)
- Youth Activity in Amelia Ohio, Water Wars! Saturday, leaving MRBC at 8:30am. See John G ASAP if you plan to go!
Romans 15:1-3 “We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. 3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.”
- We have an opportunity and responsibility to edify the weak among us. If God reveals to you that someone is hurting, or going through a hard time, reach out to them and try to encourage them today. Your reaching out may be what they need to recover from their infirmity!
Romans 15:13 “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.”
Have a blessed day in the Lord!
I pray that this update finds you with a clear conscience before God and man!
As we embark on our work week, please know that I am praying for you, and that God desires to do great things in your life this week!
Must Hear Message from Church last night!
- Philippians 4:1, 4-9 “Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. 4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. 5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.”
- This is the text of the message that I preached last night. It is the first message in a new series entitled, “Think”.
- I encourage you to listen to this message, as I believe it holds the often overlooked ingredient to working out problems in our relationships.
- Link to listen to the message, “https://www.actonschurch.com/church/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Think-Series-You-Are-the-Problem.mp3”
- We are going through Revelation on Sunday morning, yesterday we covered the first 4 trumpet judgments! If you are interested in end times events, this is a message that you want to listen to!
- Link to our audio page: “https://www.actonschurch.com/church/mrbc-audio/recent-messages/” The message title is “Get your own dirt”.
Wednesday Evening Prayer and Bible Study
- Service begins at 7:00pm
- Some of us have been meeting early to pray (6:00pm). You are welcome to join us at this time if you would like to have more time to pray on Wednesday evening!
Thursday Evening Good News Mission Service
- Bro. Rob Horton heads up our Mission Services, and he would love for you to come and support this service, as the Lord leads.
- You must be in the Men’s Shelter door by 6:45pm, as they lock the door after this.
Saturday morning New Move-in Visitation
- 10:00am We go out by two’s or three’s to meet those who have recently moved into our area. Come join us!
Faith Bible Institute
- Our Fall Semester starts on Thursday, August 22nd. For details, see Bro. Bill Reddy.
Have a blessed day! Let me know if I can be a help to you!
Praise the Lord for another blessed day at McGregor Road Baptist Church on Sunday!
We were blessed to have some first time visitors!
We were blessed to see Patricia awarded for completing the New Life Discipleship course, led by Angie!
- If you complete the “New Life” discipleship course by being led by a member of our church, we will award you with a Bible Dictionary to help you as you study the Word further.
- And, the one who does the discipleship will receive a gift card to Chick-fil-a!
We were blessed to hear messages preached from the very Word of God!
- If you missed a message, I encourage you to listen on line at “https://www.actonschurch.com/church/mrbc-audio/recent-messages/”
We are Blessed to have a wonderful Church to be a part, of which your participation is appreciated and further encouraged!
Monday Evening, we had our Monthly Men’s Meeting!
- We enjoyed a time of Pistol Competition!
- After all the smoke was cleared, Doug came out on the top of our competition, and was awarded with a Cabela’s gift card! Great job Doug!!
Scriptural Thought for the Day
Isaiah 40:28-31 “Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. 29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”
- Have you ever seen someone faint? Some people faint from excessive heat, or from exhaustion, or from being dehydrated. Some people faint from fear, or in a traumatic situation. No matter the reason, the result is the same. When we faint, we loose conscienceless, our muscles go limp, are ability to think and act is removed, and we fall to the ground.
- In our Christian lives, as the issues that surround us mount, sometime we grow weary. We are told in Galatians 6:9 that it is even possible to grow wearing in well doing. “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
- How do we keep from growing weary and fainting in our Christian lives?
- By waiting on the LORD, so that He can renew our strength, to the place that we will be able to mount up with wings as eagles, so we can run and not be weary and walk, and not be faint!
- “They that wait”, what does this mean? Strong’s Concordance defines this as, “to bind together with expectation.”
- When we wait on the LORD, we search His Word for truth and the promises of God. And we when find them, we hold on to them tight, so that we can patiently endure our circumstances, knowing that God will perform His Word in our lives and help us get through in a victorious manner! In this hope and expectation, our strength will be renewed and we will keep from falling faint to the situations that surround us, and sometime cave in on us!
- I pray that you have a blessed day in the LORD!
- Spend some time in His Word today! Grab hold of the Promises of God, and enjoy the ride!!
Praise the LORD for a glorious day at church yesterday!
We were blessed to be able to recognize Jessica for completing the “New Life” discipleship course, and Dana for being her disciple leader! We presented Jessica with a Certificate of Achievement and a Bible Dictionary by David Cloud, and Dana with a Chick-fil-a gift card! It is a blessing to see saints excited about growing in the LORD! I look forward to recognizing you as well as you participate in our discipleship programs!!
If you missed a service yesterday, listen to the message on line. “https://www.actonschurch.com/church/mrbc-audio/recent-messages/”
While I was on the Baptist History Tour a couple weeks ago, Pastor Tom Smith preached an amazing message entitled, “In Times of Darkness”.
- It is now available for you to listen to on our audio page, here is a link to that message, “https://www.actonschurch.com/church/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/In-Times-of-Darkness-Thomas-Smith.mp3”
Part of my morning Bible Reading this morning was from Psalm 91. This Psalm is glorious, as it shows us how blessed we are as God’s children to have a secret place of refuge with our Almighty God! No matter you face today, know that God is your refuge and fortress, as we trust Him to deliver us, and fight for us, and walk with us through darkness and at noonday! If God be for us, who can be against us! God has set His love upon us, so call upon Him quickly today, and He will answer thee with an active response of deliverance!
- Psalms 91:1-16 “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. 13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. 14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.”
Have a blessed day in the LORD!
Pastor Chris Kaiser
Calling all teens! You’re invited to come to MRBC this Saturday afternoon from 3-9 pm for team sports. We’ll be hosting volleyball and basketball games in the afternoon. In the evening, we’ll have hot dogs and s’mores as we relax around the bonfire. All you need to do is bring your Bible, a friend, and a snack.
Please contact Bro. John G. if you have any questions.
See you there!
For those of you who didn’t go as a camper or counselor to Camp Bibleway, you might be wondering what the rest of us were up to all week? Tonight during the service, we will be showing the 2019 camp video, which will more than satisfy your curiosity! You won’t want to miss it.
See you this evening at 7pm!
Here’s a little fun for those who went to Camp Bibleway this year. See if you can find yourself in this humorous group photo!
Camp Bibleway 2019 I SPY
The excitement for Camp Bibleway is building! Here are some last minute details to help you prepare for camp next week.
- If you haven’t already, please review the camp rules, and list of items to bring. Don’t forget your Bible!
- Our Sunday evening schedule will be an hour earlier than normal. Youth Night begins at 4:30.
- Everything needs to be loaded on the bus before Youth Night begins. Please arrive at 4pm to begin loading.
- We will be leaving for camp immediately after the evening service.
Parents, please keep in mind the following items while at camp:
- Absolutely no cell phones or electronic devices. All contact should be directed through a camp counselor. Stand alone camera’s are acceptable.
- All medications must be given to a camp counselor before or upon arrival.
- All visits to camp must be cleared by Pastor (Jr Camp) or Bro. John G. (Sr Camp). Visits are allowed during dinner time through the evening service. All visitors must leave camp by 10pm.
Please contact Bro. John G. if you have any questions.
Everyone likes a win-win, which is exactly what Bible Readathon 2019 was! Our fundraising goal was met, there were some pretty sweet door prizes, thanks to our sponsors, and together we read over 500 chapters of the Bible in just under four hours! It was truly a blessing to hear so many Scriptures being read out loud.
We want give a special thank you to all of the following people and sponsors for making Bible Readathon 2019 such a wonderful event.
- All those who read at Bible Readathon 2019
- Our event organizers and helpers.
- All donors and financial contributors – We couldn’t have done it with out you!
- Our individual and corporate sponsors
- Veal Insurance
- First Financial Bank
- IN State Senator Aaron Freeman
- Burgess Mechanical Corp.
- Papa John’s Pizza
- Southport Road Chick-fil-A
- Otte Family Fun Center
- Rascals Fun Zone
On behalf of the youth at MRBC, thank you all for your support!
Bro. John G