The excitement for Camp Bibleway is building! Here are some last minute details to help you prepare for camp next week.
- If you haven’t already, please review the camp rules, and list of items to bring. Don’t forget your Bible!
- Our Sunday evening schedule will be an hour earlier than normal. Youth Night begins at 4:30.
- Everything needs to be loaded on the bus before Youth Night begins. Please arrive at 4pm to begin loading.
- We will be leaving for camp immediately after the evening service.
Parents, please keep in mind the following items while at camp:
- Absolutely no cell phones or electronic devices. All contact should be directed through a camp counselor. Stand alone camera’s are acceptable.
- All medications must be given to a camp counselor before or upon arrival.
- All visits to camp must be cleared by Pastor (Jr Camp) or Bro. John G. (Sr Camp). Visits are allowed during dinner time through the evening service. All visitors must leave camp by 10pm.
Please contact Bro. John G. if you have any questions.
Everyone likes a win-win, which is exactly what Bible Readathon 2019 was! Our fundraising goal was met, there were some pretty sweet door prizes, thanks to our sponsors, and together we read over 500 chapters of the Bible in just under four hours! It was truly a blessing to hear so many Scriptures being read out loud.
We want give a special thank you to all of the following people and sponsors for making Bible Readathon 2019 such a wonderful event.
- All those who read at Bible Readathon 2019
- Our event organizers and helpers.
- All donors and financial contributors – We couldn’t have done it with out you!
- Our individual and corporate sponsors
- Veal Insurance
- First Financial Bank
- IN State Senator Aaron Freeman
- Burgess Mechanical Corp.
- Papa John’s Pizza
- Southport Road Chick-fil-A
- Otte Family Fun Center
- Rascals Fun Zone
On behalf of the youth at MRBC, thank you all for your support!
Bro. John G
It’s less than 24 hours from the start of Bible Readathon 2019! Here’s what you need to know when you show up to read tomorrow.
- Reading will begin at 12:30 sharp, and we will wrap up at the end of the day with youth awards and prize drawings.
- Please plan on being there for the entire event. Readers with more chapters will need to begin as early as possible to make sure they can finish in time.
- When you arrive, please stop at the registration table to sign in and sign up for our prize drawings. Thanks to our sponsors, we have some awesome prize packages we’ll be giving away at the end of the event, including free food prizes from Papa John’s and Chick-fil-A!
- Come planning to read! Many youth raised over and above their individual goal, and will need help reading their assigned chapters. Everyone can participate!
- We will be serving light snacks and bottled water for all participants.
- All the rules and information can be found on the Bible Readathon page on our website.
See you tomorrow!
A huge THANK YOU to all those who contributed to our youth camp fundraising goal. I am very pleased to announce that with your help, we met our team goal! That means that all of the participating campers will be receiving an I ♥ MRBC t-shirt before camp. Additional t-shirts will be available for purchase. Please contact Bro. John G. if you would like to purchase one for yourself.
Now comes the best part; satisfying those pledges by reading the Bible at our Readathon open house event this Saturday! There are still plenty of opportunities to help, and we will be reading nearly 500 chapters of the Bible from 12:30-5pm. Stop by, listen, help read, and sign up for some fun door prizes! You’re sure to have a wonderful time, and be encouraged by the scripture reading. You can find all the details on our Bible Readathon page.
This is it. We’re almost there! Today is the last day you can sponsor a camper and have it count toward their Readathon goal. For funds to count toward the individual ($200) or the team goal ($4,500), they must be received by midnight tonight. Many of the campers are so close to reaching their goals. They just need your last minute help! If you haven’t yet contributed, you can easily visit our gofundme page right now, and help us with an eleventh hour donation. If you are donating to a specific individual, please note their name in the comments.
Don’t forget; your support doesn’t end there. Come out and join us on Saturday, June 1st, to participate in our Bible Readathon open house event.
We are less than three weeks away from Camp Bibleway! All campers need to have their registration forms submitted as soon as possible. All necessary forms and instructions are attached at the end of this post. Please contact Bro. John G. if you have any questions.
Download Camper Registration Packet
We won’t know the official tally until after the the fundraising deadline next Sunday, but we are already well on our way to our team goal. Every little bit counts, and many campers are close to their individual goals also. That means there will be a lot of reading happening on June 1st!
If you haven’t yet donated, or really want to challenge the youth to read more chapters, now is the time. We’re very excited to see what the Lord is going to do in the hearts of our young people at camp this year, and what better way for them to kick off camp month than reading the Bible at our Readathon!
While your at it, click here to visit our gofundme page for a quick and easy way to share our #biblereadathon with your friends and family through social media.
Camp Bibleway is less than four weeks away, and yesterday marked the start of fundraising for our annual Bible Readathon. Our youth are anxiously looking forward to camp this summer, and need your support to help them raise their camp funds. There are several ways you can help.
Donations are easy through our gofundme page here: https://www.gofundme.com/mrbcbiblereadathon, or send a check or money order to our church with “Camp Bibleway Fundraiser” in the memo field. If you would like it to go toward a specific individual’s camp fund, please note that on your check as well. All donations must be received by May 26th.
Also, help us get the word out! SHARE our fundraising campaign via email, social media, or word of mouth. Every little bit helps!
Check out our Bible Readathon page for more information on our fundraiser and open house, and to subscribe to our blog for incremental updates.
On behalf of our youth, Thank You for your support!
Congratulations 2018-2019 MRBC Quiz Teams for finishing strong this season! It was nearly a clean sweep with our church taking home all but one of the End of the Year Awards, and both the Junior and Youth Overall Point Awards. We also want to thank all the young men who volunteered to preach at each rally. It was truly a great blessing to see all the youth participating in new ways. The 20th anniversary season was a huge success, and we are looking forward to a great IBYR season again this fall.
Go 2019-2020 Team!!!
We had a wonderful time at last Friday’s youth rally, and are looking forward to the 2nd Annual Youth Takeover Rally in April. Adults, don’t forget to study this month! The quizzing info can be downloaded from our Youth Rallies page.